Postdoctoral research opportunities are available with “2020 International Postdoctoral Exchange Fellowship Program” at Ye Qiang Group, Hunan University. We sincerely invite you to join us!
1. Program Introduction
The Postdoctoral International Exchange Program is targeted at excellent international young scientists holding a PhD degree (also including those Chinese based in Hong Kong, Macao and Taiwan of China, as well as young Chinese received a PhD degree abroad and not yet returned to China by the time of application) pursuing postdoctoral research in a Chinese university/institution. The selected candidates would be funded for 2 years.
2. About Supervisor / Group
Ye Qiang: Professor and doctoral supervisor of school of Architecture at Hunan University, director of Hilly Landscape Research Center, Ph.D. in Human Geography of Nanjing University and director of the "Jing" Design and Research Center of Hunan University. Professor Ye is also vice-chairman of National Spatial Planning Committee by China Society of Natural Resources, executive director and deputy secretary of the Architecture Institute of Hunan province, executive director of the Urban and Rural Planning Society and senior consultant of New-type Urbanization of the Department of Housing and Urban-Rural Development in Hunan Province, director of Chinese Society of Landscape Architecture and vice-chairman of Society of Landscape Architecture in Hunan province; editorial board member of "Landscape Architecture Frontiers" magazine of Peking University.
Professor Ye follows the principle that the multi-disciplinary merges and cross-applications, the close integration with theoretical research and practice would be the main research directions, at the same time serious work is an attitude to better life. Professor Ye has hosted national and provincial research projects such as key special sub-projects of the National Key R & D Program, National Natural Science Foundation of China, Sino-German Fund, Doctoral Program Funds of Universities, Hunan Provincial Key Research Program, Hunan Provincial Natural Science Foundation, Postgraduate Innovation Education Reform Project, etc.13 item. He has published more than 30 academic papers in professional journals such as the Architecture Journal, City Planning Review, Geographical Research, Economic Geography, Urban Development Studies, Urban Problems, and Chinese Landscape Architecture, and Published 3 monographs. Professor Ye won the first prize of the 2015 National Excellent Survey and Design Selection by the Ministry of Education, and won 9 domestic and foreign design competition awards by instructing students to participate.
Research directions: Urban and rural planning＆design and spatial structure evolution, theory and practice of new rural planning and construction , design and theory of landscape planning, general contracting and overall process management of project design and construction (EPC, EPCM), theory and practice of conceptual design .
Projects under research:
Key projects of the National 13th Five-Year Key R & D Plan: Integration and demonstration of information technology operation of Rural Complex , sub-project leader, project approval number: 2019YFD1101305;
National Natural Science Foundation of China: Research on the Effect of E-commerce on Urban Retail Spatial Structure in the Internet Economy Era, project leader, project approval number: 51878252;
Key R & D plan project of Hunan Province: Research and demonstration on green livable rural ecological landscape construction technology, sub-project leader, project approval number: 2018NK2051;
Key R & D plan project of Hunan Province: Research and demonstration on rural green building technology, sub-project Leader, project approval number: 2018NK2053.
(1) Receive an allowance of 300,000 RMB each year which would be used for covering the individual living expenses related to their stay in China.
(2) Possible to receive funding from the supervisor and the college or department. Eligible to receive rewards for academic achievements in accordance to the relevant policies of the university.
(3) Provided with housing fund of 1,800 RMB each month, have access to provincial or municipal subsidies. Children of selected candidates could visit the affiliated kindergarten and schools.
(4) Exceptionally excellent talents could be awarded with “Outstanding Postdoctoral Researcher of Hunan University“.
(5) Possible to elected as Associate Researcher during postdoctoral.
(6) Social insurance would be paid extra from university.
1. The applicants shall be foreign nationals or defined Chinese as above (under 35 years old ), who have obtained a doctoral degree within the recent three years.
2. The applicants shall have obtained their doctoral degrees from a university in the Global Top 100 University List; or the research discipline in the department/faculty for PhD degree is ranked in the Top 100 discipline list (checking the latest information from Shanghai Ranking's Academic Ranking of World Universities, Times Higher Education World University Ranking, QS World University Ranking and U.S.News & World Report as reference). For applicants from countries located along the “One Belt and One Road” region, the applicants shall have graduated with doctoral degrees from the top 3 universities of their country. According to the Framework of Cooperation for Sino-German Postdoctoral Exchange Fellowship Program,, European or Chinese applicants with PhD degrees from Germany, the requirement on university ranking or discipline would be not necessary, in case they are supported by a formal recommendation from Helmholtz Association, (Contact: Dr. HE Hong, Beijing Office of Helmholtz-Association,010-65907866, firstname.lastname@example.org).
3. The successful applicants shall conduct research activity for at least 20 months in China for the two-year postdoctoral program.
4. Applicants from non-English speaking countries must have sufficient proficiency in listening, speaking, reading and writing of Chinese or English.
5. The applicants shall have not yet been supported by another OCPC international postdoctoral fellow program or postdoctoral innovative talents supporting program.
6. In line with the above conditions, postdoctoral researchers, who have been in the station for less than 6 months before the deadline for declaration of each batch, can apply for this project.
Please send your CV（including educational background, teaching experience, academic achievement etc.）to Professor Ye. Our group will help you with the further online application（the first batch is due on April 13, and the second batch is due on September 15）.
6. About Hunan University
Hunan University(HNU) is situated at the foot of the picturesque Yuelu Mountain, a National 5A tourist attraction in the historically and culturally renowned City of Changsha, capital of Hunan Province. It was selected as the most poetic and picturesque university by journal Cultural Geography, and is among the premier universities supported by the state's investment of “211 Project”, “ 985 Project ” and “Double First Class University Plan”.
Hunan University, dating back to Yuelu Academy founded in 976 A.D. during the Song Dynasty, is reputed as “A well-known Millenarian Academy and a Famous Centennial University". Carrying on the good educational tradition formed over the past 1,000-odd years, it now has Graduate school and 25 colleges, offering programs in 11 fieldsmaster programs and 20 professional programs. 14 programs are national key disciplines (second-tier) and there are also 28 post-doctoral research centers. Seven disciplines rank among top 1% on the ESI rankings, among which engineering science and chemistry rank among top 1‰. HNU has 7 characteristic disciplines of national defense. Chemistry and mechanical engineering are listed as “world-class disciplines” of the Ministry of Education. The university has a faculty of 2,045, 1,428 of whom are professors and associate professors.
For more information, please visit http://www-en.hnu.edu.cn/.
7. About Changsha
Changsha, the capital city of Hunan province, was once called Tanzhou in ancient times, and also has the name “star city”. Located at the center of Yangtze River Economic Zone, it is an important node city in “The Belt and Road Initiative” which has rich history, splendid scenes, and vigorous development potential.
Changsha is well connected by roads, river, rail, and air transportation modes, and is a regional hub for industrial, tourism, and service sectors. It is the crossing point of the Beijing-Guangzhou railway and Shanghai-Kunming railway in China, which tie Changsha with other 20 provincial capitals and municipalities. The city also possesses 3D transportation combined with subway, maglev train, interurban railway, aviation and high-speed railway.
The gross product of Changsha has surpassed one trillion, composed by 7 industrial cluster including engineering machinery, food production, new material, electric information, culture and innovation, tourism, as well as automobile and parts.
Changsha experiences a humid subtropical climate (K?ppen Cfa), with distinctive seasons and an annual average temperature of 17.03 °C (62.7 °F). Forestation of Changsha reaches 53% and afforestation coverage in the city is 42%. It is the only city in China that been selected as “Global Green City” by the United Nations Human Settlements Program (UN-Habitat) and the United Nations Environment Program (UNEP).
Its per capita disposable income of urban and rural residents ranks first among the provincial capitals of central China, whereas its average price of commercial housing is next to last of central China (RMB 10298/m2, Dec. 2019). Endowed with beautiful sceneries of the Yuelu Mountain and Xiang River, Changsha boasts for its enjoyable living environment and has been selected as one of the Happiest Cities in China for 11 consecutive years.
For more information, please visit http://en.changsha.gov.cn/.
8. Contact us.
Professor Ye Email: email@example.com
Human Resources Department
Ms. XU, Ms. ZHANG
Tel: (+86) 731-88822723